The Anuari de Biblioteques, Llibres i Lectura (Yearbook of Libraries, Books and Reading) is a publication that was launched in academic year 2009-2010. The aim is to report on the situation and evaluation of research, creation and dissemination activities in the areas of libraries, books and reading in Catalonia.
L’Anuari is published biennially. Articles are written over the year and posted in an open issue “under publication”. In this way, articles are added over time until the coming issue is completed.
The Advisory Council of the Anuari is comprised of:
- Júlia Baena (Specialist in youth fiction and school libraries)
- Mònica Baró (Universitat de Barcelona)
- Jeroni Boixareu (Llibreria Hispano Americana)
- Marta Cava (Biblioteca escolar INS Mediterrània)
- Enric Faura (Director de Xarxa de Llibres)
- Javier Guallar (Universitat de Barcelona)
- Ciro Llueca (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya)
- Gemma Morlans (Biblioteca Pública de Lleida)
- Imma Muxella (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Anna Villarroya (Universitat de Barcelona)
The contributions in the Anuari are presented in four blocks.
- A first block on history, with contributions that analyse the history of printing and publishing, the history of reading, and the history of libraries and archives.
- A second block on books and publishing, with articles focused on the collaboration between publishers and libraries, the panorama of children’s and young people’s books, studies and research on publishing and reading habits, easy reading, periodical publications, electronic editions, the book trade and translation.
- A third block on public, school, university and specialised libraries and heritage centres.
- A fourth block on reading among children, young people and university students, reading e-books, and studies and research on reading and the promotion of reading in public libraries and bookshops.
In addition, each new edition of the Anuari aims to broaden its scope by incorporating news, with chapters that provide a wider view of what has been happening in the areas of reading, books and libraries.
The first five editions of Anuari de l'Observatori de Biblioteques, Llibres i Lectura can be consulted at the following link: https://www.raco.cat/index.php/AnuariObservatori.
From the 2020 edition, and under the title of Anuari de Biblioteques, Llibres i Lectura, the journal has been available in the repository of Revistes Científiques de la Universitat de Barcelona (RCUB) at the following link: https://revistes.ub.edu/index.php/Anuari-BLL/index.
The Anuari has a Facebook profile and can be followed on Twitter using the hashtag #AnuariBLL.