Please join us for the online book launch of Contemporary Argentine Women Filmmakers (Palgrave Macmillan, 2023), edited by Mirna Vohnsen and Daniel Mourenza, on Wednesday 22 November 2023 at 19:00 (GMT+1) on MS Teams. (Join the book launch here.)
Through thirteen critical essays by leading scholars in the field of Argentine cinema, this edited volume offers a wide-ranging picture of Argentine women filmmakers’ contribution to the film industry from the 1980s to the present by bringing together the work of highly acclaimed filmmakers and emerging directors.
During the event, we will have the opportunity to chat with the contributors, including:
– Constanza Burucúa (Univ. of Western Ontario)
– Fiona Clancy (South East Technological University)
– Traci Roberts-Camps (Univ. of the Pacific)
– Guillermo Severiche (Fordham University)
– Pedro Cabello del Moral (CUNY)
– Andrea M. Smith (Shenandoah University)
– Beatriz Urraca (Widener University)
– Jonathan Risner (Indiana Univ. Bloomington).
At the end, there will be time for Q&A and the authors of the volume will answer the questions posed by the audience. Attendees can engage with the presenters through the chat.
This event is organized by the Centre de Recerca en Informació, Comunicació i Cultura (CRICC) at the Universitat de Barcelona.